Your vehicle's battery primarily helps to start the engine. However, it also stores energy generated by the alternator, and runs the secondary electrical systems or additional components in your vehicle. To help you take care of your battery, and its longevity it would be recommended to do the following:
- Remove corrosion, cleaning both negative and positive terminals
- Check the alternator belt tension and wear
Some Indications There is a Problem With Your Battery
- Your vehicle won't start.
- The vehicle is silent when you turn the key in the ignition.
- Your vehicle makes a clicking noise, but won't start.
- The battery keeps running down.
- The battery seems weak and fails to crank your engine normally.
These are common indications that you may need a new battery or battery connections.